New Archives+ Website!
November 7, 2013
Archives+ is an exciting, purpose-built showcase and repository for the region’s archives and family history opening at Manchester Central Library in spring 2014. The Archives+ partnership will build on the demand for accessible community history and personal heritage. This single location will make it easier than ever before to find what you’re looking for under one roof. The main partners in Archives+ are:
– Greater Manchester County Record Office (Association of Greater Manchester Authorities)
– Manchester Libraries, Information and Archives (Manchester City Council)
– North West Film Archive (Manchester Metropolitan University)
– Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Race Relations Resource Centre & Education Trust (University of Manchester)
– Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society
– BFI Mediatheque
– Manchester Registration Service (Historic Registers)
Visit the new Archives+ website http://www.archivesplus.org/ to find out about news, events and the Archives+ partners. Most importantly you can take a sneaky peek at the exciting Archives+ exhibition including documents, film and photographs telling Manchester’s histories from the cotton mill to the ship canal.