Manchester Central Library is celebrating its 5th anniversary since a major transformation. As the ‘jewel in the crown’ of Manchester Libraries, and one of the most loved and iconic venues in the city, it’s services and facilities are now appreciated by over 2 million annual visitors – the most visited public library in the country.
Since re-launching in 2014 there has been:
– 8.3 million visitors to Central Library – the most visited public library in the country
– 1.14 million items borrowed
– 1 million free Wi-Fi sessions
– 39,000 people attending educational sessions
– 250,000 people attending special events and activities
Manchester Central Library Development Trust (registered charity no. 1150161) is proud to have supported the library’s transformation.
It raised essential funds to provide furniture and equipment, plus educational and cultural programming that has made the venue such a popular, lively and dynamic venue. More